Trouble getting OpenGL with GLUT libraries to compile Visual Studio 2010 Express C++

Hello all,

I must first apologize for my lack of knowledge because I have just started getting back into working with OpenGL and Visual Studio after a 3 year hiatus. In 2009, I did a computer game project for one of my classes, using OpenGL. I decided to get back into game programming, so I tried importing my old project into VS 2010 Express Edition. After making making some minor adjustments to get rid of compile errors, now it seems I have hit a roadblock. I cannot get a clean compile because I keep getting messages such as this:

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'glut32.lib'

In the project properties, this is the line I have for “Additional Dependencies”:

opengl32.lib;glu32.lib;glut32.lib;glaux.lib;fmodvc.lib;%(AdditionalDependencies)

I tried looking into my old glut files, but I was unable to find glut32.lib, as well as the other ones listed (except for fmodvc.lib, this is for FMOD for the sound in my game and I already have this working). I guess any help is appreciated to help me find out what I need to do to get this working, as I don’t remember how I did all this linking stuff before.

Again, thanks for helping out a not-so-knowledgeable person.

Info:
Windows 7
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express C++
OpenGL
glut 3.7

If you’re going to glut, I recommend using the freeGLUT implementation. I have a freeGLUT tutorial that might be helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.