3Dxml using CUDA and openGL

Hi,

I need help, guys!

I have a parallelization issue,

Simply what I want to do is that I want to write a code which reads a 3dxml file (using CUDA) and converts it to an appropriate data structure in C++. After obtaining the data structure I want to draw the structure into the screen efficiently.

:confused:

These are my questions:

1- Doing such a thing is ā€œokā€? I mean I donā€™t wanna write something (which is useless) from scratch ! (By the way, it might be good for me to do it considering that Iā€™m currently learning openGL etc.)

2- Assuming that I start writing the code, how can I use the obtained data structure by means of the openGL? How can I do it efficiently? Or, should I directly use Xerces or some XML parser for this purpose instead of parallelization of reading the 3DXML file?

3- I donā€™t know how to efficiently redraw the shape (3dxml file) for every rotation command coming from the mouse input? I mean how to give this data structureā€™s body to openGL for further handling regarding throughputā€¦

4- this is the last one! Assume that we are working with a 3D file which is huge (such as complete 3D representation of a satellite), so, can the parallelization idea that I propose here be handy for that purpose? (this question is actually just the extension of the first question)ā€¦

Iā€™m sorry if I confuse the concepts because Iā€™m neither a native openGL programmer nor a computer scientist but a mechanical engineer with a ā€œlittleā€ knowledge of openGL but a considerable knowledge of CUDA.

Thank you for your replies, people!!! I appreciate the ā€œopenGL folkā€ because they are providing such a platform for enabling me asking questions in a huge community of ā€œguruā€ openGL programmers.

Best regardsā€¦