OpenGL appears to run but shows blank screen

Hi guys,

I first noticed this happening when running Java (JOGL) Processing.org OpenGL code.

However since running some independant OpenGL tests, it seems to a general OpenGL rendering issue.

Code (and applications) seem to run ok, it’s just that there’s no actual rendered output.

To fix, I’ve tried:-

• uninstalling any suspect programs, updates, or drivers

• reinstalling my graphics hardware drivers

The issue remains.

I’m running:-

Intel 965/963 Graphics Media Accelerator (onboard Intel X3100 graphics adapter)
Win7 x64

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Intel 965/963 Graphics Media Accelerator (onboard Intel X3100 graphics adapter)
Win7 x64

Simply get a real graphics card, NVIDIA or AMD. :slight_smile:

This is my ‘workhorse’ computer (laptop so card upgrade not possible) that I use everyday and I really need OpenGL running on it.

If anybody has any helpful info please let me know!

What tests did you do? I have to disappoint you. Especially older intel hardware and GL implementations, which are delivered with the corresponding driver, are notoriously bad. Are you running the latest driver that’s available for your card?

Simply get a real graphics card, NVIDIA or AMD.

Suggestions like that don’t help at all - so why give them to someone who has a real problem they need to be solved?

[QUOTE]Simply get a real graphics card, NVIDIA or AMD.

Suggestions like that don’t help at all - so why give them to someone who has a real problem they need to be solved?
[/QUOTE]

Because of this:

I have to disappoint you. Especially older intel hardware and GL implementations, which are delivered with the corresponding driver, are notoriously bad.

Hi thokra,

When running the two below OpenGL test applications, they seem to execute properly, apart from the fact there’s no visual output.

http://win.softpedia.com/dyn-search.php?search_term=Test+OpenGL&x=0&y=0

Also the same happens when using the OpenGL renderer in Processing.org.

I did update the Intel driver but still the same.

It’s very odd, as OpenGL worked for years on this system, and then one day just started with this issue :slight_smile:

It’s very odd, as OpenGL worked for years on this system, and then one day just started with this issue :slight_smile:

I’m afraid that very hard to diagnose from a distance. :frowning: To quickly verify that the hardware isn’t somehow the problem you could pickup recent Linux distro live cd and try to run glxgears out of the box. This shows if it’s OS, driver and hardware related.

Perhaps it is time to wipe it clean. Reinstall Windows and all of your systems drivers. It tends to be faster then trying to figure out what the problem is.

I hear what you’re saying about a clean install, but I just have so much set up on this system, the thought of a complete reconfigure makes me cringe.

I’ve found a Ubuntu 10.04 LTS - the Lucid Lynx live CD I had, but can’t seem to run glxgears on it. Does it have to be a newer distro?

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.