Symbol "___glewFramebufferTexture2DEXT".

Hi
I’m confused and get "not resolved Symbol “___glewFramebufferTexture2DEXT”.

I can debug/run in VS2008 ok but I get that in release config. I have glew32.dll and glew32mx.dll in my folder. Also difference between static and dynamic?
Many thanks
Michael

I’ll have a look at glew on windows tomorrow, as I’m 99% on Linux. Anyway when do I use .dll and when *.lib?
Thanks

glew32mx.dll has multiple GL context support, when you have multiple windows and each has its own context or whatever other case you have.

glew32.dll is for games and single window applications.

Anyway when do I use .dll and when *.lib?

Perhaps you don’t want people to know that you are using GLEW so you use the static library instead.

Not resolved messages are probably generated by your linker. It doesn’t find ___glewFramebufferTexture2DEXT. You should indicate your glew32.lib in your configuration.

http://www.opengl.org/wiki/FAQ#Unresolved_External_Symbol

Thanks but I did have glew32.lib. I only get this error when selecting release in VS2008 not for debug.
What else could I be missing? And how to tell to use static?
Many thanks again
Michael

You also need to copy glew32.lib, glew32mx.lib into the project local folder.

Project->Property->linker->Input->Additional Dependencies, here you need type in glew32.lib, glew32mx.lib

No. Using a lib vs dll makes zero difference in that respect. Dll’s are commonly used to allow independent bugfixes/updates/replacements to dll’ed part of the program which in some cases is quite desirable.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.