Open Gl windows 7 drivers

I have ATI RADEON 9550/X1050 video card.
I had windows xp 32 bit system and i updated my drivers easly with no problems then i installed windows 7 and there is no new update from manufactre and no open gl drives are at my pc for now there is microsoft mode or something (Microsoft corparation WDDM) is there a way to get only open gl drivers without ather drives to make it work?

That is a really really old card - it’s very probable that AMD themselves no longer provide drivers for it (I had a quick look and coudn’t find any, but I’m not overly familiar with their site). At this stage you may be better off replacing it with something more current.

I’m not sure what you mean.
There are 32 bit bit and 64 bit drivers over at ati.com

AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver
Version 10.2
Operating System(s) Windows Vista - 32-Bit Edition

ATI Radeon 9500 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9700 Series
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon X300 Series
ATI Radeon X550 Series
ATI Radeon X600 Series
ATI Radeon X700 Series
ATI Radeon X800 Series
ATI Radeon X850 Series
ATI Radeon X1050 Series
ATI Radeon X1300 Series
ATI Radeon X1550 Series
ATI Radeon X1600 Series
ATI Radeon X1650 Series
ATI Radeon X1800 Series
ATI Radeon X1900 Series
ATI Radeon Xpress Series
ATI Radeon X1200 Series
ATI Radeon X1250 Series
ATI Radeon X2100 Series

I mean that a cursory search on AMD’s site turned it up under their legacy program with no links available for either Vista or 7 drivers. Catalyst 10.2 is also quite old confirming that AMD are no longer supporting it with current driver releases.

I have 32 bit and i installed what drivers for vista i finked it works but after i rebooted my pc i just got [censored] screen all colors mixed up so i have to use safe mode to back up to my restore point

It should be noted that the Radeon 9550 dates back to 2002-2003, while the X1050 dates to 2005-2006. AMD stopped supporting these cards in 2010, 4-5 years after their release.

There’s really no reason to expect that they would work with modern drivers.

You can pick up a supported low-end AMD graphics card for around $50 or so.

Alternately a GeForce 6600GT can be picked up on eBay for the price of a beer, is still being supported with new drivers, and has newer extensions made available to it where appropriate. There really is no reason to be holding on to such hardware.

Alternately a GeForce 6600GT can be picked up on eBay for the price of a beer, is still being supported with new drivers, and has newer extensions made available to it where appropriate.

For how long though? Something new will at least be supported for 3-5 years. Who knows how long NVIDIA is going to bother keeping the 6xxx line up?

Valid point, although it at least remains supported for now which is better than the OP’s Radeon (and it’s available in an AGP variant if that was the reason why the OP hasn’t moved on yet).

AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver
Version 10.2
Operating System(s) Windows Vista - 32-Bit Edition

As stated, AMD support the Radeon 95xx and 97xx series of cards to Cat 10.2 on Vista platform. The release notes go on to state that there is no offical support for Windows 7. They suggest you could try and install the vista driver on Windows 7 but there is no official support for it.
The feature set for the R9700/R9500 series is really the Cat 9.3 release as the later Catalyst drivers upto Cat 10.2 support more Features but only for the newer Radeon models.
This means that there is support for OpenGL 3.0 but no higher GL versions (and propably a whole range of early driver revision bugs).

Found a fix i downloaded what windows vista drivers (as you know it doesn work after reboot so i didnt what) and updated drivers with device manager and it installed that same microsoft drivers for vindows 7 and it asked reboot and i shecek my pc info openg gl drivers apeared now i can use it :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.