tutorial building for "Learning Modern 3D Graphics

The excellent online book “Learning Modern 3D Graphics Programming” by J.L.McKesson.
Could someone post a step by step outline (with code) of the procedure to build one of the tutorials ? (If I see one done I’m pretty sure I can do the remainder).
Thankyou in advance for any assistance.

It already has one. If that is insufficient, then can you suggest what information is missing?

Yes indeed. I have followed those directions using premake4 and have all the cpp files ready for build. When I put them in a project in code blocks they don’t compile correctly which I’m sure is my fault. I was hoping that someone with more experience could actually go through the procedure step by step so that I could see how to do it correctly. Someone may even have an example already that they could show me. I really want to get these tutorials working so that I can continue my learning in graphics programming.
Thankyou.

When I put them in a project in code blocks they don’t compile correctly which I’m sure is my fault.

Were there errors? What were those errors?

I was hoping that someone with more experience could actually go through the procedure step by step so that I could see how to do it correctly.

Again, what part of the procedure did I omit? In what way was it not step-by-step? At which part of the procedure did you encounter an error?

Sorry to have bothered you. I have only one more question. How do I cancel my registration to this site ?

Sorry to have bothered you.

Bothered? I’m trying to find out information about what it is that you’re unable to do. I’m trying to help you, but to do that, you need to answer my questions.

I am having the exact same problem as the user here: https://bitbucket.org/alfonse/gltut/issue/63/link-error-building-tutorials

I have downloaded the tutorial files. I have used Premake4 to build the tutorials. However, when I try to build/run any of the projects in MSVS2010, I get the error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file ‘glloadD.lib’

Any advice on where to go from here? Thanks and kind regards.

It says it can’t open glloadD.lib
Do you have that file?
Did you put it in a location where it can find it such as in Programs\MSVC\lib?

Do you know where I could find that file? Googling only provides me with 8 results: 5 as bits of code of the same file, and the other 3 are linking to this thread.

You appear to have skipped a step in the process. Did you build the SDK? The steps as outlined are in order.

Please see the attached file for details regarding the problem encountered.
Thankyou.

A PDF file? You can’t put that into a post, or something that is more secure than a PDF?

I’m afraid that I don’t download random PDFs.

Security ??? I used this format because it was approved by this website !!!
You may have written a good tutorial - however it seems that you are determined NOT to answer my question.
What a pity your manners lag your supposed programming skills.

PDF files are insecure. They can contain viruses and malicious code. How is it il-mannered to not accept a file format that is known to be a viral vector? I’m not saying you’re intentionally trying to infect my computer. But that doesn’t mean that I trust a random file handed to me by someone else either. Your computer could have something on it without your knowledge; I don’t know, and I don’t trust what I don’t know.

Being paranoid about attack vectors is why the many computers I’ve had over the years have only gotten 2 viruses. And those were a website advertisement drive-by (a vector I have sense closed with various ad blocking software) and a Windows networking exploit that I had no control over.

If you want to submit a bug report, I ask you to do so via some kind of textual format. Why is that not sufficient for what you want to say; what do you need a PDF for?

however it seems that you are determined NOT to answer my question.

I’m determined not to answer your question? You haven’t answered any of mine. You haven’t explained the problem as anything more than “they don’t compile correctly,” which is helpful to neither of us.

If you want to get your problem fixed, then simply explain step-by-step what you did, where you ran into trouble, and what the trouble was, with any error messages. And not in a PDF; just paste the text into the text box.

If you cannot do that, then I cannot help you. It’s that simple.

I am having the exact same problem as the user here: https://bitbucket.org/alfonse/gltut/issue/63/link-error-building-tutorials

I have downloaded the tutorial files. I have used Premake4 to build the tutorials. However, when I try to build/run any of the projects in MSVS2010, I get the error:

Any advice on where to go from here? Thanks and kind regards.

I’m having this exact same problem. I’ve built the GLSDK but I’m getting the linker error. Any help?

EDIT: Sorry, I’m a derp. I was building it in release mode.

Also, being the nice guy I am, I’ve taken screen caps of tyro1’s pdf and uploaded them here;

Page1: http://imgur.com/CIToR

Page2: http://imgur.com/jDYdn

@salamand4r

Thankyou for transforming my PDF and making it available in another format. However, I expect the self proclaimed “guru” to find some other excuse not to give a positive response.
Thanks to you anyway.

I expect the self proclaimed “guru” to find some other excuse

Not sure you can convince someone to help you with this kind of talk. Posting the exact error messages you get in a real text format is mandatory for any kind of useful troubleshooting.

Sorry if I sound irritated (I am). Everyone on this forum has been most helpful (and polite) except for this one individual.
My initial request was for a step by step demo to compile one of the tutorials. As an answer I got told to read the list in the down load. Obviously (to me) there is a difference between a step by step demo and an instruction list. Secondly after reading the forum rules to see what attachments are O.K. I used PDF for ease of including both text and screen shots.This apperently did not suit his excellency. I hope you will appreciate that I had given up hope of any real cooperation from this individual BEFORE I wrote as I did.
Regards.

You should not give up. If you have already tried to help people in forums on your free time, you already know it is hard. Questions about the context and details about the problem are important, it is not like you can peek above the shoulder to see what happens and when.

By the way, the title you see right below the user name is not self assigned, but automatically generated by the forum itself, with unknown rules (seem to be mostly related to total number of posts). Nothing to do with self-proclamation.

Wow! 658 views and not a single helpful hint!