Bind texture map to depth buffer with gles 2

hello guys,

I’m trying to implement a cell shading style. to detect the silhouet, i need to first render the object’s normal as well as depth onto two texture maps and then use a second pass to check the discontinuity of the normal and depth on the image space.

i successfully binded a texture map to the color buffer. but i don’t know how to bind a texture map to the depth buffer with opengl es 2

the sample code for normal opengl i found is this one:

glTexImage2D (GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT24, SM_width,
SM_height, 0, GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, NULL);

but according to the gles 2 manual , GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT is not supported by opengl es 2.

http://www.khronos.org/opengles/sdk/docs/man/

right now, my code looks like this:

glTexImage2D (GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT, mWidth, mHeight, 0, GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT, GL_FLOAT, NULL);
glFramebufferTexture2D(GL_FRAMEBUFFER, GL_DEPTH_ATTACHMENT, GL_TEXTURE_2D, antiAliasingTexture, 0);

it will give me “not complete” error.

another question is, if binding to depth buffer is not supported by openg es 2, then i guess i will have to render everything to color buffer with a two passes.

but how should i specify the texture map format? GL_ILLUMINANCE? and how should i output to illuminance inside the shader program?

something like: gl_FragColor.a=illuminance?

For depth textures you need to check whether OES_depth_texture is supported on the target platform. Note that type has to be GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT or GL_UNSIGNED_INT.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.