GL file is not being found? Unresolved External Sy

First, let me give you a bit of a background story. For the past two weeks I’ve been trying to figure out why I am getting 16 unresolved external symbol errors for my GL commands in source code, thinking that OpenGL32.lib was not being linked correctly. I went through every possible option, posted on multiple forums asking for help to no avail of the solution. After a simple test the main helper on another forum posted for me to try, I’ve concluded that Opengl32.lib linkage was not the problem. Sorry if that seemed unneeded, I just want you to know I’m not asking without trying to fix the problem myself.

Okay, I have GL.h, GLU.h, and GLUT.h inside my VC\include directory of Visual Studio 2008. I created a windows project (non-console), and to test what the problem was I added a function definition of RenderScene (the book’s way of rendering a simple scene), while including GL.h into the code. Now I’m getting 4 unresolved external symbol errors, one for each GL function. Can you guys help me figure out what I’m doing wrong? Here’s the code that’s giving me the errors:

void RenderScene(void)
{
	glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT);
	glColor3f(1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
	glRectf(-25.0f, 25.0f, 25.0f, -25.0f);
	glFlush();
}

fjghjgjgjhg.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__glFlush@0 referenced in function “void __cdecl RenderScene(void)” (?RenderScene@@YAXXZ)

fjghjgjgjhg.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__glRectf@16 referenced in function “void __cdecl RenderScene(void)” (?RenderScene@@YAXXZ)

fjghjgjgjhg.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__glColor3f@12 referenced in function “void __cdecl RenderScene(void)” (?RenderScene@@YAXXZ)

fjghjgjgjhg.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__glClear@4 referenced in function “void __cdecl RenderScene(void)” (?RenderScene@@YAXXZ)

On my original program I’m simply getting four LNK2001 unresolved external symbols for those lines (16 total).

I’m having the same problem

it worked with “console” new empty project
atleast in my system :wink:

Not for me. I have GL, GLU, and GLUT in my ‘header file’ section of my project and I have those headers located in VC\include; apparently they’re not being found because I’m still getting 16 various unresolved external symbols? Can you give me some advice?

Last minute note, I am able to compile sucessfully. Building the project is what gives me the erorrs.

add

#pragma comment( lib, “opengl32.lib” )

to the top of your souce file, or add a reference to it in

project->properties…
configuration properties->linker->input->additional dependancies