stereo display using FX 1400 under Windows 7

I’ve developed some OpenGL code to display multibeam backscatter data draped over a 3D image of the seabottom multibeam depth data, in stereo, using NuVision glasses and a 19in CRT.

I recently upgraded to a Quad Core machine running under Windows 7, and plan to get a high-end stereo-enabled graphics card and a Samsung 3D monitor once I know for sure which card(s) work.

In the short-term, I decided to stay with the CRT and an NVIDIA FX 1400, since it is stereo-enabled and comes with a 3-pin plug for the IR emitter.

To date, I haven’t been able to get the FX 1400 to display in stereo under Windows 7. The display interface for the stereo card just doesn’t seem to have the same OpenGL options as I’m used to seeing under XP.

Two questions.

Does anyone have any experience getting an FX 1400 to display in stereo under 64-bit Windows 7 using NuVision (or NVIDIA) stereo glasses?

If I were to buy a high-end NVIDIA Quadro board to display in stereo under 64-bit Windows 7 on a Samsung 2233 3D monitor, which one would you recommend?

Norm Campbell

Try with Aero disabled ?
What driver version are you using ?

191.78_Quadro_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql.exe, though I read today on one of the forums that ealier versions such as 191.00_Quadro_win7_winvista_32bit_english_whql.exe or 190.58_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_international.exe might be more appropriate.

This is not an area in which I have much knowledge / expertise!

I had a quadro FX card and basically it’ll under shutter full screen and that’s it.