Unknown Character "0xf"

I’m getting multiple error messages like the thread title when trying to compile an example from the OpenGL Superbible on my Visual C++ 2008. Due to the fact that the code isn’t mine (it’s a book example) I’m not going to post it on this site.

Apparently the problem is with my OpenGL32.lib file. At first I was getting the “unresolved external symbol” or something like that, so I linked the opengl32.lib directory as an additional dependency and now I am getting 21 errors like this:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\lib\opengl32.lib(3) : error C2018: unknown character ‘0x1’
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\lib\opengl32.lib(3) : error C2018: unknown character ‘0x3’
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\lib\opengl32.lib(3) : error C2018: unknown character ‘0xf’
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\lib\opengl32.lib(3) : error C2018: unknown character ‘0x1’

as well as some syntax errors, but I suspect the above is the problem.

What do you think the problem is and how can I fix it? Maybe my IDE isn’t set up correctly… Do I need the files wglext.h and glext.h to run OpenGL? I don’t have those into my GL file yet.

Oh, and I’m using Windows.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/977dd354(VS.71).aspx