GL extensions on ATI

Hello,

I can compile and run my programs on machines with nvidia cards. Now I moved to a machine with an ATI card and I am facing several problems. I hope you’ll be able to help me.

First, glXGetProcAddressARB is unrecognized by the compiler. I’ve checked this but it seems it is well defined in glx.h header.

Second, it appears that glActiveStencilFaceEXT is not supported on ATI cards.

What would you suggest ?

Thanks.

I can’t help on glXGetProcAddressARB side … I’m not a Linux programmer.

But glActiveStencilFaceEXT it a function of an nVidia extension GL_EXT_stencil_two_side… which get promoted, the ARB used something between GL_EXT_stencil_two_side and GL_ATI_separate_stencil to include this feature in OpenGL 2.0 core specification.

Look at this link for more information about the right function to use:
http://www.opengl.org/sdk/docs/man/xhtml/glStencilFuncSeparate.xml

It’s not going to be a big deal to update your code.

glXGetProcAddress (without ARB) works fine for me.

OK, thanks I will try it all ASAP.

But a question remains: shouldn’t the ARB provides a common API ?

I think nVidia is wrong' here. According to the OpenGL 2.1 reference pages it should be glXGetProcAddress’ (without ARB). Or perhaps it can also be used as an extension in earlier OpenGL versions and so the ARB and the non-ARB versions of the function exist.

Thanks. I’ll check without the ARB extension on nvidia cards too since it seems I have more chance to be wrong than nvidia.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.