porting OpenGL

Is there a place were I can get info on porting open GL to a new OS… example: what files would need to be modified ect…
what release version / files would would be best to download??
VC++,

Do you mean literally porting an OpenGL implementation over to a new OS?

Or do you mean porting an OpenGL-based application over to a new OS?

If you really mean the former, compile/install Mesa3D, and check with the Mesa3D folks (see Mailing Lists). That’ll probably get you going the fastest. Then you can worry about adding native hardware support and whether that’s possible given your access to hardware specs.

If you tell us a bit more about where you’re starting from and where you hope to end up (specific OS/GPU/etc.) others could probably give you more detailed advice.

Do you mean literally porting an OpenGL implementation over to a new OS?

Yes - I do not need support for windows or linux… its for a game console- So Full screen (no windows)… right now Vesa2+ is supported… I have started on my own 3d lib… but thought I would find out what was involved in this… Thanks for any input…

CPU 386+ - GPU will be for intel chipsets…
24/32 bit graphics are supported Vesa… I do not use the Bank
switching modes… Direct color modes…

I just need to find a basic opengl lib source.

what would be nice… if I can find one that was ported
to Vesa… like a generic lib…

something that has a system file I could modify to my OS…
for disk support,definitions ect…

I have a full c++ lib that is spec to the OS… math libs ect

There should be a group of files in the openGL lib that would need modified… but I cant find any spec…info on it…

There is no OpenGL source code. more here
http://www.opengl.org/wiki/FAQ

I did find the specs… but sorting through - it would be easiest… just to write my own 3d lib… it will prob take some time - but will be a good learning experience… :wink:

its just like writing an OS… sorting through all the code or linux ect… brings many headaches…its best just to start from scratch…

Thanks to all anyway!

I was going to argue that point, but then thought better of it. There’s probably a good bit of wisdom in beginning with a clean slate. If I could live 1000 years I’d get started on my own OS too. :wink: