Run time error with Vista

I am running a simple cube program that windows code to manage the microsoft windows. I am using Visual c++ and I have told the linker to load GlU32.Lib OpenGL32.Lib glut32.lib … what I get is a black screen of death and then access violation

First-chance exception at 0x02658640 in cube.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation.
Unhandled exception at 0x02658640 in cube.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation.
The program ‘[5676] cube.exe: Native’ has exited with code -1073741819 (0xc0000005).

Does anyone know what this is or has code that currently works on vista that they could share and tell me their setup?

What do you expect us to do with such an output? Compile and trace your code in debug mode, you are simply accessing to a invalid data area, probably in a array or through a pointer.

This code works fine on NT, you don’t have to be rude

try this:

http://www.idfun.de/glut64/

ps:
Please don’t double post.

Sorry I did not want to be rude or something, it is just that I wanted to bring to your attention that beginning a thread with a segmentation fault output won’t help us to solve your issue.

It is not because it runs smoothly on windows nt that it should be the same on vista. So I insist, debug and trace your code, isolate the error and come back with a more specific question (without any pun… :slight_smile: )

Thank I will look more closely