Where to download OpenGL?

I have a BIG problem with OpenGL right now. I’ve learnt C and want to try some graphics/games programming.

When I try to compile with MinGW, it comes up with a errors which suggest that the files needed to compile OpenGL are not there.

So I try to compile on a manual install on MinGW that I had so I could compile GTK+ programs. No luck.

I was told to download the Windows SDK as OpenGL is included in that - when it came to the options on what I actually wanted to download, it said nothing about OpenGL or anything even related to it. (Plus the file was nearly 1gb big - and I don’t want to be forced to use MSVC++).

So for the biggest graphics programming library in the world, I find it really hard to believe that everyone found it this hard to get it to work. It’s times like these I wish I could afford a Mac.

I’d really appreciate any help anyone could give me.

Thanks,

Jake

“errors which suggest that the files needed to compile”
compile error or link error ?

Compile - nearly every line of code had “undeclared functions” and other errors which to me suggests that the headers and other files were not there - especially as this was a simple program to draw 3 shapes (from the http://www.videotutorialsrock.com)) tutorial.

Thanks

Just installed MinGW and got GLUT up and running without too much trouble at all.

Make sure you have your path variable set and files in the right places, etc, etc. Maybe get GLUT up and running first then go from there…

P.S. You don’t need the Windows SDK, at least not to get GL on its feet.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.