Is it possible to develop an appn for data conver.

Hello…

I want to develope an applicatin for converting the STL data to IGES data....

Is it possible to develope the openGL application…If it’s possible please give some supporting documents and code regarding it…
I’m in a hurry to develope the application…

Please provide me the guidance as early as possible…

Thanks in Advance
Suman

OpenGL is a library for displaying 3d grapics, it has nothing to do with data conversion. I have no idea about what “STL” and “IGES” are, but if you shoud probably start with the documentation/description of this data formats.

Thanks for your reply…
STL - Steriolithography
IGES-Initial Graphica Exchange Solution

First I have to display a 3D STL file into viewer and then after selection of whole the body,I have to convert from STL to IGES…
Please give me any suggestions to save the data…

Thanks in Advance
suman

Hello…I want to develope an application similar to CtrlView which you can see in http://www.ctrlView.com,but with only two options…
Any suggestions…Always welcome…

Thanks in Advance
Suman

I would kindly ask you to try and formulate your questions more precisely. And start reading documentation on your data formats, as I already suggested. Or find a new job, that won’t be so challenging. Or just by this ctrlview application, if it does what you need. For now, I am merging your threads and moving them to the algorithms section – they are not advanced topics and barely GL topics.

This is more a “please do my job for me, quick !” topic…