Problem with specular lighting ?(not resolved) heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

Hi,
I have made a shader which worked without the specular part. But when i add the specular lighting, the reflection of the specular part seems to be on all the mesh and not concentrated on a little part, is it normal ?
otherwise what can i do ?

PS :does the specular part have to be in a separated color than the primary color ?
if yes how do it ? the gl_secondary_color is just accessible in read only.

can you tell me why i have specular light on all the mesh and not at a point which move at the same time than the camera ?

Et si vous nous montrer votre code en détails pour commencer?

ok this is the fragment shader(the vertex shader just contains a varying variable for normals)

varying vec3 normal ;

void main(void)
{

//ambient component
   vec4 lightVector = vec4(distance(gl_LightSource[0].position.x, gl_FragCoord.x),
                           distance(gl_LightSource[0].position.y, gl_FragCoord.y),
                           distance(gl_LightSource[0].position.z, gl_FragCoord.z), 0.0) ;

vec4 ambientLight = gl_FrontMaterial.ambient * gl_LightSource[0].ambient ;

//diffuse component
   //lightVector = normalize(lightVector) ;
   float intensity = max(dot (normal, lightVector.xyz), 0.0);
   vec4 diffuseLight = gl_FrontMaterial.diffuse * gl_LightSource[0].diffuse * intensity ;

//specular component

vec4 eyeVector = vec4(distance(gl_ModelViewMatrixInverse[3][0], gl_FragCoord.x),
                         distance(gl_ModelViewMatrixInverse[3][1], gl_FragCoord.y),
                         distance(gl_ModelViewMatrixInverse[3][2], gl_FragCoord.z), 0.0);

//eyeVector.xyz = normalize(eyeVector.xyz);
   vec3 eyePlusLight = normalize(eyeVector.xyz + lightVector.xyz) ;

vec4 specularLight=gl_FrontMaterial.specular * gl_LightSource[0].specular 
                   *pow(max(dot(eyePlusLight, normal), 0.0), gl_FrontMaterial.shininess);

//attenuation  
   float attenuation = 1.0/(gl_LightSource[0].constantAttenuation + 
      gl_LightSource[0].linearAttenuation*distance(gl_LightSource[0].position, gl_FragCoord)
       + pow(distance(gl_LightSource[0].position, gl_FragCoord), 2.0)) ; 

gl_FragColor = gl_FrontMaterial.emission + (ambientLight + diffuseLight + specularLight)
                  *attenuation ; 

} 

gl_FragCoord is not the coordinate of the fragment in world coordinates, but screen coordinates. To know the fragment position in world coordinates, pass the vertex position as a varying variable

i have declared the varying variables also in the fragment shader and replaced gl_fragCoord by the new varying variable but now i have a black screen :frowning:
i do this in my vertex shader :

varying vec3 normal ;
varying vec4 coordinate ;

void main(void)
{
   normal=gl_Normal ; 
   coordinate = gl_Position = ftransform();
} 

Lighting is normally done in eye space and that is gl_ModelViewMatrix * gl_Vertex;
Read the OpenGL 2.0 specs (2.11 and 2.14.1).
gl_Position is not in that space as it is calculated by gl_ModelViewProjectionMatrix * gl_Vertex;

ok thanks i’ll take a look and go back if i have questions

i do this with renderMonkey in the vertex shader but i have a black screen :-/

varying vec3 normal ;
varying vec4 coordinate ;

void main(void)
{
   normal=gl_Normal ;
   coordinate = gl_ModelViewMatrix * gl_Vertex;
   gl_Position = gl_ModelViewProjectionMatrix * gl_Vertex ; //ftransform();
}

i have normalized the vectors in the fragment shader, it didn’t change something but after this i have removed attenuation and the model is lighted, however i don’t see the specular part on the mesh and i would like that it works with attenuation, do you know how to do ?

this is my new fragment shader :

varying vec3 normal ;
varying vec4 coordinate ;//coordinate of the fragment

void main(void)
{

vec4 lightVector = vec4(gl_LightSource[0].position - coordinate) ;
   lightVector = normalize(lightVector) ;

//ambient component   
   vec4 ambientLight = gl_FrontMaterial.ambient * gl_LightSource[0].ambient ;

//diffuse component
   float intensity = max(dot (normal, lightVector.xyz), 0.0);
   vec4 diffuseLight = gl_FrontMaterial.diffuse * gl_LightSource[0].diffuse * intensity ;

//specular component

vec4 eyeVector = vec4(gl_ModelViewMatrixInverse[3][0] - coordinate.x,
                         gl_ModelViewMatrixInverse[3][1] - coordinate.y,
                         gl_ModelViewMatrixInverse[3][2] - coordinate.z, 0.0);
   eyeVector.xyz = normalize(eyeVector.xyz);
   vec3 eyePlusLight = normalize(eyeVector.xyz + lightVector.xyz) ;
vec4 specularLight=gl_FrontMaterial.specular *gl_LightSource[0].specular 
                   *pow(max(dot(eyePlusLight, normal), 0.0), gl_FrontMaterial.shininess);

//attenuation  
   float attenuation = 1.0/(gl_LightSource[0].constantAttenuation + 
      gl_LightSource[0].linearAttenuation * distance(gl_LightSource[0].position, coordinate)
       +pow( distance(gl_LightSource[0].position, coordinate),2.0) ) ; 

gl_FragColor = gl_FrontMaterial.emission + (ambientLight + diffuseLight + specularLight)
                  /**attenuation*/ ; 

}  

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.