uhh, please help

i dont even know if this is the right place but anyway…

im runnins win 98, i just installed a new 60 gig HD, i think i had an older version of openGL (i think it was a beta o,0) and, i come back to look for it… (as u know many games require openGL) well, anyway to get to the point i have been on ATI’s site for about 20 min now, and havent found where to download OpenGL for ATI Rage Pro, can someone please help me out?

anyone?

OpenGL isn’t a singular thing…it’s actually a collection of 2 or 3 libraries: opengl32.dll, glu32.dll, and sometimes glut32.dll. Most video card drivers will automatically install the most recent version of OpenGL for the video card they can. Whether or not this is 1.5, 1.4, etc. all depends on the video card company (but judging from your particular card, it may not support much above 1.2). However, just download the most recent version of drivers from ATI and you should be good.

then, why does,

1. no ATI little thingie on bottom of screen like there used to be

2. i cant run games i used to…

thanks man >.>

bump lol

You said you just put in a new hard drive, did you make sure that The drivers for you ATI Card are installed, if they are maybe go to their website and see if there is a more current driver available,

my best guess would be that your card is not installed correctly on the new hd.

W

nope,

RUN -> “dxdiag” -> video (i think thats what it says lol) -> “ATI rage pro”

thier site DOES not help, ie downloaded thier drivers three times to see if they work, and if anyone has a ATI card u know the littl ati this comes up on the bottom of your screen, well its not there

hello any one out there?

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.