Rendering offscreen using RGBA

I’m trying to initialize an offscreen rendering context using an RGBA pixel format, and I have had no success. However, I’ve been successful rendering offscreen with a color index pixel format. Is it possible to create an offscreen rendering context using aglSetOffScreen() that stores pixel information in RGBA format? Thanks.

Did you check Apple OpenGL examples ?? They contain examples on out to set up OpenGL for offscreen rendering. As far as I know RGBA is the default pixel format for the pixel in OpenGL. There is an extension to get a pixel format of ABGR but I have not seen that used a lot.

Dan.

Yes, I tried everything I could think of and the only success I had rendering offscreen was with color index mode. I’ve since been able to solve my problem using a different approach, but I would still be interested if anyone has had success rendering offscreen with aglSetOffScreen in RGBA mode.

Jason

Originally posted by BANE:
[b]Did you check Apple OpenGL examples ?? They contain examples on out to set up OpenGL for offscreen rendering. As far as I know RGBA is the default pixel format for the pixel in OpenGL. There is an extension to get a pixel format of ABGR but I have not seen that used a lot.

Dan.[/b]

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.