Slow texture mapping on G3 500mhz

I’ve been trying to render a thrown-together terrain mesh with a simple 128x128 pixel texture map. The mesh is divided into 30-50 triangles, which I specify as triangles, not triangle strips. On my iMac (500 mhz with an ATI Rage 128), it takes a whopping 65 ms to draw those 50 triangles.

If there is an obvious, known pitfall that I may have stumbled into, I’d like to know. I can give more information if it’s needed (ie my code).

Thanks,

Paul Hansen

Your context is probably software based, do you use glBindTexture, is your code that calc the time is flawless??

Yeah, my calculations used the MW Profiler, and performance was not noticeably different when the profiler was disabled.

However, I seem to have solved the problem at this point… tonight I got a 15000% speed gain, and I’m going to chalk this episode up to ignorance and spaghetti code. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you anyway

Originally posted by Qwylli:
Your context is probably software based, do you use glBindTexture, is your code that calc the time is flawless??

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.