HELP! i want to start my own 3d game. how?

i would like to start a 3D, sort of rpg adventure, sort of one player shoot em up action game. i would like less difficulty with programming and more freedom with creativity; as much as possible. also looking for a way to use photoshop for wall patterns and textures. so, whats the best apps and how much does it cost ?(the cheaper the better). i do have openGL, now what?
-j. licht
wRench pilot
wrenchpilot@bigfoot.com

Hmmmmm…
You don’t look like someone interested in learning all the tricks and stuff about graphics programmation. You should consider using a third party API or framework, some “ready for use” 3D Engine, or something…

We all wish game development were that easy.

namu is correct. It sounds like you’re more interested in the art and not programming end of it. Have you tried modifying the art (textures/levels) in an existing game like Marathon, Quake, Heavy Metal, etc?

If you decide that programming is your only solution, be prepared to spend lots of money on books and many hours coding.

Have you tried modifying the art (textures/levels) in an existing game like Marathon, Quake, Heavy Metal, etc?

How about flight sims? Avion skins etc.
Where would one begin?

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.