nvsdk problems

All,

I downloaded the nVidia OpenGL SDK from their CVS source tree. I did a make in the src/libs directory and it created some libraries for me to link against. However, the list is incomplete. I’m missing key libraries that are used in the vertex programs and other nifty stuff. Moreover, the sdk contains a lot of dll’s and cpp files. What gives? Don’t they have a cleaner Linux SDK? I think they patched up the W2K SDK and claimed it’s a Linux port. Most of the examples don’t work. Did anyone have such or similar problems with the SDK?
(I have the latest nVidia drivers installed for my GF3 card).

Regards,
GGL

All the demos that use vertex program, texture shader, or register combiner require the nvparse tool which is in the OpenGL/src/tools/nvparse directory. Make sure you run make in that directory before trying to compile any of the demos.

The easiest way to build all the demos and libraries is to run make in the OpenGL/src directory. This will build all the libraries, tools, and demos in the correct order. This will probably take a little while to complete.

The Windows and Linux OpenGL source share the same source tree which is why you see some Windows specific stuff like DLL’s and PowerPoint presentations. You can just ignore these files or even delete them if you need the space.

Almost all the demos in the OpenGL/src/demos directory as well as the demos in the OpenGL/src/research directory should compile and run fine under Linux (or at least they do on my Redhat box).

Please let me know if you have trouble getting a specific demo or library to compile.

I downloaded the NV OGL SDK from the CVS tree today ( acording to NVidia instructions ) and the damn thing doesn’t compile.
SOme libs do but that nvmath lib doesn’t and it’s used by mots of the demos…
Well in the headers I see some stupid nameless unions which are a MS VC++ thing.
Now what should I do ?

What errors are you getting when compiling nvmath? What compiler are you using?

Well, I’m using the makefiles ,so g++.
I have g++ 2.95.3 ( probaly need to update )
Know the reason of the errors - nameless unions.
The errrors look like:
nv_algerba.cpp robaly_all_lines: “struct vec3|vec2 etc has no member x”

You will probably have to update your compiler to the 2.96 version. This is what I use and everything compiles fine so it must support nameless unions.

Hi

I am having the same problems and I am also using gcc 2.95.3. I do not want to upgrade to gcc 2.96 because it is a unsupported/inofficial branch of gcc that only redhat packed into their distribtion.
Has anyone a clue/hint/fix for this problem?

Stefan

Originally posted by SUnterholzner:
[b]Hi

I am having the same problems and I am also using gcc 2.95.3. I do not want to upgrade to gcc 2.96 because it is a unsupported/inofficial branch of gcc that only redhat packed into their distribtion.
Has anyone a clue/hint/fix for this problem?

Stefan[/b]

Upgrade to GCC-3.0. Lots of distributions have packages available, like SuSE:
http://www.suse.de/~aj/gcc30.html

This is really needed since many NV demos use a lot of template/STL gunk which older versions of gcc can’t handle. The above package will install into /opt/experimental, edit your makefiles to use

CC = /opt/experimental/bin/g++

instead of just “g++”.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.