Viewport limitations?

Hi !
I’ve got a bug with linux : it sounds like the viewport (glViewport) can’t be larger than the window. Does anyone confirm this limitation ?
It didn’t happen with SGI.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Anne-Gael,

Originally posted by Anne-Gael:
Hi !
I’ve got a bug with linux : it sounds like the viewport (glViewport) can’t be larger than the window. Does anyone confirm this limitation ?
It didn’t happen with SGI.

How did you experience this limitation?
I changed my test programm to use a glViewport 100 pixels wider and higher than the window. The scene was cut off at the edge but worked as I would expect it to (that behavior could be false, since because I am new to OpenGL I do not know what should happen). Perhaps it is and Mesa-Limitation which does not occur on my box because I use the NVidia drivers for linux…

Hope this helps, otherwise explain your problems more in detail…

bxe Miq

You should check the OpenGL specs and see what they say about this. You should conform to the specs so that you can run on different hardware vendors.

/skw|d

ok, OpenGL specs should always be checked… I can read there is an implementation-dependant maximum for the dimensions.
I asked for a 12801280 viewport, and only got a 12801200 one : 1200 looks as a max…
I’ll be able to verify only following days.

Thanks again.

It makes sense that there is a 1200 row limitation, for some hardware cards cannot go beyond 1600x1200. The driver might be limiting the size to match the size of the framebuffer in your hardware.

/skw|d

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.