Accumulation buffer

Does anyone know of any 3D cards which support the accumulation buffer and have drivers under Linux?

We are looking for absolutely highest performance boards under Linux - price no object. Want highest framerates possible and ability to use accumulation buffers.

All suggestions welcome

Thanks!

Try Nvidia’s selection of cards (geforce 2 or quadro(sp?)). These offer great performace and they also have some great drivers for linux (xfree 4.0). Their performance is very close to the card running under windows (the drivers are built from the same code base).

I highly recommend them.

Chris

I believe that the NVIDIA cards do not support hardware accelerated accumulation buffers, although you can access them through software support that is slow and would be basically equivalent on any graphics card. The only cards that I am aware of that have hardware accelerated accumulation buffers supported under Linux are Intense3d and possibly SGI.

Jamie Burns

Originally posted by LindenLab:
[b]Does anyone know of any 3D cards which support the accumulation buffer and have drivers under Linux?

We are looking for absolutely highest performance boards under Linux - price no object. Want highest framerates possible and ability to use accumulation buffers.

All suggestions welcome

Thanks!
[/b]

3dfx uses something extremely similar to the accumulation buffer called a “T Buffer” in the latest Voodoo hardware.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.