More than linking problem?

I’ve an mandrake 7.0 and a Rage 128.
After using ldconfig and making a link in /usr/include to /usr/X11R6/include to access GL/gl.h (…)
I tried
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lGL -lGLU -lglut -lXi -lXmu -lXext -lX11 -lm
but -lGL -lGLU and -lglut are refused.
After looking at the package utility there is a symbolic link problem with /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1 an libglut.so.3. There’s also no ****.a file in the lib directory like other libs.
Can you help me please.

try to add -L/usr/X11R6/lib - that’s the way i did.

i answer to you in english but i am french
i think you must create a directory
/usr/include/GL in which you will copy all the files from /usr/X11R6/include/GL
try it et tell me if it runs
good luck

Marseille trop puissant

Thanks for your help!
Hé bien non! It doesn’t works. That’s maybe a problem with the Mandrake version. I took the libGL.a file and libGLU.a file from an other computer tro try and the -lGL an -lGLU parameter works but libglut.a doesn’t exist and -lglut is refused!
Changing the Linux version will be for me like using windows( something like: if it does’nt really, work reinstall!)

So I’ve to add precision to my questions.

• Is there a way to generate .a files?
  • the etc/ld.conf file (or something with a name like that) has the /usr/X11R6/lib directory listed and ldconfig has been run but I’have to copy the libGL* files in usr/lib to have something better (like I wrote in the last message). Did I forget something?
    Thanks for your help again

.so is a shared object, .a is a static object

-lGL will link the appliction with libGL.so and you really don’t need the static objects.

/etc/ld.so.conf is a list of paths that ldconfig will scan to create a cache file called ld.so.cache

In my /usr/lib I have:
libGL.so -> libGL.so.1.0.4
libGL.so.1 -> libGL.so.1.0.4
libGL.so.1.0.4

Make sure you have those links installed.

Why don’t you download the mesa libs and rebuild them your self? Go to linux3d.org there is a link from there. This will allow you to re-generate those files and they will be properly moved to the correct directory. Also, try compiling as root maybe it is just a simple as you don’t have access to them.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.