AGP problems...

sorry martin, i’ve deleted the topic. it was not volontary.

so, what did i say…

if you look at the nvidia doc given with the nv-glx in /usr/share/doc…, your chipset is buggy (K7V133). so i thought that the A7V266 was the same.

in the bios, i enable AGP in turbo mode, fast write and 64Mo of aperture. i think that’s correctly.

when i compile the nv kernel, all it’s OK.
i put 1 at the line for SBA and FW. and i force down to AGP2X. SBA isn’t enabled yet under X. is there anything to put at the XFconfig file ?

as i deleted the topic:
i’ve got ASUS A7V266, geforce2mx AGP 32Mo DDR. does someone know if the fact that my graphic card is DDR could be a problem ? (i don’t think so).

when i put AGP4X, X starts normally. But sometimes it could hangs and block all the system: that’s why i have to go to 2X mode. that’s a shame !!

You have to edit the os-registry.c of the nv-kernel source.

i have to search first, but i`ll post it.

sorry, i have erased the last post, so i forgot some tricks:

i have edited os-registry.c and put at 1 the SBA and the FB as getting down to 2x for AGP.

Hi

here is where I posted before 2 months info about my linux/Nvidia/agp config:
http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000607.html

I had known that this chipset(KX133) was mentioned as bugy (even the example was the same mobo ASUS K7V), but I’ve never expirienced any problems with AGP 4x. I also was unable to run SB, because it was not supported by the card. I have the same BIOS settings. So it maybe depends on other factors - Xfree, drivers and etc. Maybe I was just too lucky .
It’s very interesting to me how xig http://www.xig.com work around such problems with their ATI linux drivers…
Btw, someone has also posted very flame topic about this impilicit Nvidia AGP settings reconfiguration in the Advanced forum before 1 or 2 weeks… At least under linux we still have the oportunity to configure the NVidia drivers without 3-th party tweaks…

Regards
Martin

[This message has been edited by martin_marinov (edited 05-31-2002).]

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.