GUI's

hello im about to start progn some GNOME and OpenGL stuff. i want to know what the perferred GUI is for makin code. also what is a perferred Linux install on a fresh macine?

Originally posted by Super13:
hello im about to start progn some GNOME and OpenGL stuff. i want to know what the perferred GUI is for makin code. also what is a perferred Linux install on a fresh macine?

Well, here are my preferences:

• [li] For my “GUI” (not sure what this means… you mean like an IDE?) I use XEmacs + gcc + make + gdb .[*] My preferred distro is Mandrake .

Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by rts (edited 02-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by rts (edited 02-18-2001).]

To entertain the same answers as the previous post: I like nedit, make and xxgdb or ddd.

If you mean a GUI’s for putting you code in. I like fltk or SDL. but it is for gnome then try gtkgl.

As for distro: Mandrake.

Akarm.

why dont u guys reccomend kdevelop. also i am new still why is there KDE and GNOME why not just GNOME, does running in KDE change anything?

Originally posted by Super13:
why dont u guys reccomend kdevelop.

Because I don’t use it and have no need for it. If you like it, go for it! mmmmm choice.

also i am new still why is there KDE and GNOME why not just GNOME, does running in KDE change anything?

There’s way more than just KDE and GNOME… anyways, as to “why”, well, why not? The whole point of Linux is freedom and choice. Pick what you like and use it.

Running in KDE doesn’t change anything (depending on what you want to do of course)

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.