Linux bridging the xbox and opengl

does opengl hw acceleration work on the xbox under linux? I saw tuxracer running on a screenshot but I don’t know if it was software or hardware.

There’s a challenge about running a linux distribution on xbox.
Some people have been able to run it, but opengl performance is crap. Last time tuxracer ran, it was at 2 or 3 FPS ! I don’t know if they got better since.

Software…

M$ is trying to not implelment OGL in any of there stuff anymore. Currently M$ only comes with OGL 1.1 to get a later version you need to get a graphics card that has support for OGL 1.4(ATI and nvidia do this on comp) on XBox I doublt they have any OGL support. Ive heard that because Doom III uses OGL and M$ wants Doom III on XBox they may start supporting later versions of OGL(at least on xbox) but it will be awhile before that happens. Ive heard that xbox uses a nvidia geforce 4. nvidia has great linux support you could try to dl the linux drivers and compile them on your xbox.

Originally posted by nuke(work):
Ive heard that xbox uses a nvidia geforce 4.

In fact it’s a boosted GeForce3. It can process more vertex and pixel shaders in the same time, but does not offer new functionalities.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.