Forcing the use of generic software implementation

Hi,

I have a few tests to do with the OpenGL software implementation, but I have a GeForce correctly installed on my system.

I’d like to know if there’s any simple way to force Opengl32.dll to use software implementation (rasterization).

I quickly tried to tweak the PIXELFORMATDESCRIPTOR I pass to ChoosePixelFormat, but i still have acceleration…

oh, by the way, i think i noticed a performance gain when replacing PFD_DRAW_TO_WINDOW by PFD_DRAW_TO_BITMAP, any clue about this ?

Thanx

If you just need to try it out and don’t need a programmatic way, you can rename nvopengl.dll/nvoglnt.dll.

• Matt

I thought about it but I didn’t try !

Thanks.

Nicolas,

I gave some routines a while ago on this forum for that:
http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001818.html

Regards.

Eric

P.S. To Matt: you told me not to use the registry to set FSAA and you tell people to rename the NV OGL dlls… Tsk Tsk…

Yeah, but if you actually write an application that forces use of the MS SW implementation by actually renaming the file and then renaming it back at the end of program, and I have to debug that program, I will personally hunt you down and make you wish you had never heard the word “OpenGL” in your life.

If your app just sets the FSAA registry key, I won’t hunt you down and torture you, but I will scream in agony.

• Matt