OpenGL Appwizard

I’ve been finding myself starting new apps for testing OpenGL stuff a lot lately. I’ve been using Glut becuase it’s so nice to get past the window creation and get into the real OpenGL stuff. In doing this, I’ve been finding myself typing in a lot of the same code for project after project.

I know I could put together a base Glut project somewhere then copy the files over to my new projects, but I decided to go a step further. I’ve started a custom Appwizard for creating Glut apps.

Right now It just creates a basic Glut app with a Display and Reshape callback, but I’m thinking I might add new features to it. I’m thinking I may even just start this project from scratch again and make it a generalized OpenGL AppWizard that can start a project for you that uses Glut, the Win32 API, or even an OpenGL MFC app.

I’m not sure how much interest there would be in something like this, but I’m willing to take requests from people for customization features they’d like to see in this. Got any ideas? Let me know. I’ll probably play with some ideas for the Appwizard I currently have until I get a design worked out for the “final” Appwizard.

Actually, to save some time, this is already done. On nehe’s site, he posted that someone made a App wizard that allows you win32 or glut.

I tried it, and it does work.

(link to nehe site is also posted on the main page of this site… sorry, I don’t got it handy.)

Sure. Take the fun out of it for me. I’ll take a look at that AppWizard, though. I’ll probably still do my own so that I can get some practice with Appwizard coding, but it’ll give me ideas to what I might want to add to my own. I’ve got a ScreenSaver Appwizard I started awhile ago that I’ve been wanting to add stuff to, but haven’t been motivated enough to work on it. This might get me in the mood for that again.