NVIDIA Forceware 75.90 => OpenGL 2.0.0 & fbo

This is good news for me and I suppose to some of you.
You can find them here: http://www.station-drivers.com/page/nvidia%20forceware.htm

They expose OpenGL 2.0.0 and have the frame buffer object extension.

I have made no test so I don’t know the quality of the implementation.

One question. They just expose GL_ARB_shading_language_100 but in the renderer string they say OpenGL 2.0.0 Can I presume that it is glsl 1.10?

Thanks

Nice.

In my GF6800GT it has some of the latest extensions: GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object

Zak: Call glGetString with GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION to get the version supported.

what about ATI ?

anyway, my radeon 9800 pro cannot even support arb_texture_non_power_of_two extension so i doubt it will be opengl 2.0 compliant :frowning:

ATI wont have another driver release until about 2 weeks into march (as they are on a once a month cycle) and the current 5.2 drivers dont have owt new in them

and the card support the EXT version of the texture rectangle extension, which is part of the what the ARB_texture_non_power_of_two is based on so the card will support it once the extension is written and is in general quite capible of supporting OGL2.0 (full support for GLSL in hardare not withstanding as currently neither ATI nor NV can claim that)

So far NVIDIA’s implementation has been working without bugs (regarding fbo).

Originally posted by bobvodka:
and the card support the EXT version of the texture rectangle extension, which is part of the what the ARB_texture_non_power_of_two is based on so the card will support it once the extension is written and is in general quite capible of supporting OGL2.0
Suporting texture rectangle doesn’t mean suporting ARB_texture_non_power_of_two. That would mean that a GF3 would support ARB_texture_non_power_of_two too.

and the card support the EXT version of the texture rectangle extension, which is part of the what the ARB_texture_non_power_of_two is based on so the card will support it once the extension is written and is in general quite capible of supporting OGL2.0
ARB_NPOT has nothing to do with GL 2.0 support. It’s still an extension and not bound to the GL 2.0 core. And ATi cards can’t handle it yet.

(full support for GLSL in hardare not withstanding as currently neither ATI nor NV can claim that)
Technically, an NV40-based card can. It has vertex program texturing (in a limited form, but it is there). It’s ludicrously high fragment program instruction count lets it handle noise functions. What else is there that it cannot support in hardware?

Originally posted by Korval:
ARB_NPOT has nothing to do with GL 2.0 support. It’s still an extension and not bound to the GL 2.0 core.
NPOT is part of GL2.0 core.

They expose OpenGL 2.0.0 and have the frame buffer object extension.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slight_smile:

…Sorry.

NPOT is part of GL2.0 core.
Hmm… you’re right. They did stick that into the core. In a 9:1:2 vote, with ATi being the only one to vote against it.

Maybe ATi should spend more time implementing features rather than holding up API’s :wink:

15mb file for those with dialup
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=999
damm i just downloaded new drivers a couple of days ago :frowning:
double damm, now ive gotta add support for all this new stuff :frowning:

HOOAH!

:smiley:

-SirKnight

Is it impossible to create a framebuffer with no color attachment? For example, when rendering to a depth texture (e.g.: shadow maps), there is no need to have a color texture/renderbuffer. But the driver complains that the framebuffer is not “complete” because there is no color attachment. Is this a hardware limitation or what?

Are you sure the driver is complaining about it being FB complete, instead of just “unsupported” (which is implementation dependent and there’s nothing you can do about it)? The spec clearly states that you only need to have some attachment in place in the framebuffer, not a color attachment.

is it just me but after installing them somehow lost the ability with nvemulate to enforce strict warnings + write program assembly, how do i reenable these again?

| opengl version = 2.0.0
| opengl vendor = NVIDIA Corporation
| opengl renderer = GeForce FX 5900XT/AGP/SSE2/3DNOW!
| opengl shading_language = 1.10 NVIDIA via Cg 1.3 compiler

GL_ARB_half_float_pixel
GL_EXT_framebuffer_object

@Korval

I was trying to test FBO but for any texture format I choose drivert returns UNSUPPORTED… :frowning:

Is there any list of suitable texture format?

Looks like driver just expose FBO entry points and nothing more.

Im using 6800U.

yooyo

Be interesting to see what apps these new drivers break . (apps that don’t check the OpenGL version string properly)…

It is already indicated on other forums that chronicles of riddick is compaining that it needs OpenGL 1.3 .

I was trying to test FBO but for any texture format I choose drivert returns UNSUPPORTED…
Have you tried using renderbuffers instead? Have you tried a rectangular texture with the RGBA8 format?

Very limited test on my 6800GT doesn’t give me UNSUPPORTED. Render target is RGBA32F_ARB.