the new OpenGL 1.5 ARB extension are in the registry

they can be found here:
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/registry/

Hmmm I didn’t know there were yet more new Vertex and Fragment shaders coming out.

Whats the difference between ARB_Vertex_Program, and ARB_Vertex_Shader?

Same question to ARB_Fragment_Program, and ARB_Fragment_Shader?

Is it just they both use the shader object extensions for management now? Are ARB_FP, and ARB_VP going to be become obsolete?

Cant believe we’re adopting the lame term of “shader” I much preferred program.

GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two is fantastic. No new tokens, or functions, just complete transparent support. Top.

The shaders are Highlevel programs ( the GLSlang ), and you combine several shaders into one Program with this new lingo. then you use the program when you want to render something.

Read about the ARB_Occlusion_query…

the NV one counted pixels if i remember correctly, but this one counts samples. Isnt this a problem when you want to calculate how many percent of an object is visible… Since the multisample often is set by the user in the control panel, you might think that your in a single sample state, and calculates the area with (widthheight) but in reality the max number of samples might be (widthheight*4)… Is there any simple solution to recognize this?

From the oq spec:
How is this extension different from NV_occlusion_query?

• Terminology changed slightly. “Pixel” was being used incorrectly, where “fragment” or “sample” would be more accurate.

• Interactions with multisample have been changed slightly to allow implementations based on either a sample count or a fragment count. The result is returned in units of samples.

Seems, as if there is no real difference to NVs version.

Jan.

@Mazy:

perhaps i’m dumb, but your answer is not satisfying me; could you make this more clear ??

Perhaps it was a bad explanation

the GLSlang is composed by several extensions.

First you have the ShaderObject that defines the way you create and link programs, but it have no language it self, so it doenst work alone, its more like a framework for programable HW.

then you have the vertex and fragment shaders specifications. They define how the different shaderd interacts with the ShaderObjects, which constants that are added, and if there are new calls for that specific shader. i guess we can get more of these shaders later, like blend_shader maybe…

Then you have the ARB_shading_language_100 which is the language itself, that in this case is the vertex and fragment shader language.

I hope i got this right, else some from the ARB will beat me up and tell you how it REALLY works