dual monitor issue

experts:

i ain’t sure if this is an OpenGL issue, but i really need your help.

i just finished an application with Visual C++ under XP. in my application i render the images to a window( view class). now i would like to have another monitor, to run the application with dual monitor. my card is 3dlabs wildcat realizm 800 with two outputs. i want to get hold of the second monitor, and switch the DC and RC to that one before rendering. or maybe i should have 2 wiondows with one view class.

i don’t have any clue how to make it, either way is ok. could you please offer me some hints or resources about this issue? many thanks!

Not sure I understood really want you need :

2 monitors, one with your application and a small gl viewport with a bunch of buttons, menus, guis, etc, and the other one with the same GL view but in fullscreen ?

Assuming your application is in ‘windowed’ mode :

Create two windows one of the left side and one of the right side of the viewport

Example: 2 monitors set in 1024x768

2048x768

• Create one window at 0,0 - 1024x768
  • Create a second window at 1024,0 - 2048,768
  • Create a context for each window, and share them.

Now, if you want to have two FULL SCREEN (not windowed), then, bad news : Windows doesn’t support it with OpenGL. Microsoft didn’t implement that feature, and since they dropped OpenGL support … You need to use DirectX for that case.

many thanks ZbuffeR and execom_rt:

really feel ashame to clarify my question. because the problem is just i don’t know hot to create two windows…:frowning: i think it’s a visual c++ issue. i created everything for this single window application following a book, don’t really underst it though. would you please offer me some hints? should i create a new view class?

thank you

I didn’t understand well your problem… On my NV card I can create opengl window and stretch over both monitors and everything work with hw acceleration.

But this not working with D3D!

yooyo

it’s a VC issue. solved. many thanks!