OGL in ASM

Hi my friend and me has been looking all over the web on tutorials/examples on how to do OGL using ASM but has found nothing. Could someone please help us?

Thanks,
Nuke

I remember there being a demo on Romka graphics that had source code and what not. I hope you don’t mind me asking…but why would you want to do OpenGL in ASM?

• Halcyon

I googled the page but the only page I found didnt have any asm could you link me plz? We are doing it in ASM cuz its probly going to be faster and we have nothing better to do. lol

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~eoin/programs.htm

Sorry, I looked at Romka a LONG time ago and I think it got taken down. It could have moved…in which case if anyone knows the link to it i would appreciate it!!!

The site above seems to have some code to show you atleast how to get started with creating the OpenGL window/shell.

• Halcyon

heh thanks for the link

I don’t have any tutorials, but GLFW comes with MASM32 support, and an example program in assembler that shows how to set up a window and render a simple animation in it.

thanks that site seems great. Im not as much as an asm expert as him(im just learning) but he says theres gonna be a problem cuz we use tasm not nasm :\

Originally posted by nukem:
[b]thanks that site seems great. Im not as much as an asm expert as him(im just learning) but he says theres gonna be a problem cuz we use tasm not nasm :[/b]

What you need is:

1. Bindings & support for loading & using glfw.dll
  2. The same for opengl32.dll & glu32.dll

I don’t know how that works from TASM, but it can’t be extremely different from MASM (except perhaps for the prototyped function calling support in MASM).

Originally posted by HalcyonBlaze:
[b]

Sorry, I looked at Romka a LONG time ago and I think it got taken down. It could have moved…in which case if anyone knows the link to it i would appreciate it!!!

[/b]

I can tell you exactly what happened to Romkas site because the same happened to mine.

Our sites were hosted by demonews. The owner of demonews decided to sell the domain to someone else without telling the new owner about all the hosted sites. The new owner wasn’t interested in continuing hosting us and our sites disappeared without warning. Well I was hosted for free so I shouldn’t complain too much but regardless he should have warned us so we could begin redirecting traffic and finding a new server.

AFAIK romkas site hasn’t reappeared yet.