glGetTexImage() problem

Hi,

I create two windows that share the display list. I create a texture object with the first context current. I can see it in the two windows (Thus they share correclty the display list). But if I call the glGetTexImage() function with the second context current, then the driver crash (on NVidia GeoForce2 board and on ATI board too).
And if I create the texture object with the second context current, and call the function glGetTexImage() with the first context active, the function also crash.

Why must I call the glGetTexImage() function with the context that is active when I create the texture object ???

David

[This message has been edited by Sancho (edited 03-21-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Sancho (edited 03-21-2003).]

Any idea on what i’m doing wrong to get such a crash ?

Is It a driver bug ?

I notice i’m not the only one that have this symptom see : http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/Forum3/HTML/007121.html

Note that I use the texture object with the second context current to make a glCopySubTexImage in order to do a basic render to texture mecanism. But It is not the origin of the problem.

Thanks for your answer.

Well, no comment ?!?

I still waiting for an answer…

Thank you

All the issues mentioned in that old post of mine you mentioned have ever since been fixed in newer driver releases.

Thank for your answer.

I use the last available NVidia driver and I test the problem on a recent ATI board (I don’t remember which) and it still appear.

I don’t understand even if it is a driver bug why I must use the “creation” context of the texture object to call the glGetTexImage() and why I can’t use this function on any shared context.

David

Check your arguments in the debugger. My bet is you have a bad pointer somewhere; pointing to unallocated memory or a too small memory block.

Originally posted by jwatte:
[b]Check your arguments in the debugger. My bet is you have a bad pointer somewhere; pointing to unallocated memory or a too small memory block.

[/b]

I did it and all is ok. No data overhead and no openGL error.
In fact, like Asgard my problem occurs when I do the glGetTexImage() using the context that wasn’t the activated context during the creation of the texture object AND when I call the glCopySubTexImage().