geforce2 o geforce4 compatiblity

hey, i just got my geforce4, and everthing works greate. but, my project (a 3d editor) which uses register combiners (two) and vertex programs has some problems now.
i emulated these extensions using this registery trick. now, everthing worked greate, but with the new card there is no attanuation, no bumpmapping, and the lights are very very bright. i checked, and all th extensions are initialized.
you probably need more details, but i dont really know where to look, so can you help me a little bit with that?

Could you give us the register combiner code and vertex programs? Make sure to tell us what is in the constant variables in the vertex programs also. That will be good for starters.

-SirKnight

never mind for now. its strange because everything works on geforce2, but we’ll get back to that later.

Hello, we are back…
The same old problem but now we must solve it. Our engine doesn’t work on GeForce 4, although it does on GeForce 2. It seem like some of the extension (The register combiners or/and the vertex program) don’t work properly.

What do think can cause such problem?

Originally posted by SirKnight:
[b]Could you give us the register combiner code and vertex programs? Make sure to tell us what is in the constant variables in the vertex programs also. That will be good for starters.

-SirKnight[/b]

first, you should tell us what geforce4 do you mean. the gf4 chipsets does not provide the same hardware features in every version. ie. gf4mx isn’t more than a faster gf2(yes, it does not even have the gf3 features!) and the gf4ti-(insert the highest number you know - i am still confused about their naminig conventions for the gf4 cards…) is some kind of a very-fast-gf3.
they all have different hardware features.

We tried on both GeForce4 Ti-whatever and GeForce4 MX, it doesn’t work…

Originally posted by Quaternion:
it
What?

What Zeckensack said.

You came here crying out loud “Help me” without offering ANY details.

Thats like going to the doctor saying “Help me, it hurts”.

Where does it hurt? Without giving out some more details, your chances for finding a cure here are pretty slim.

Besides that a GF4MX is inferior to a GF2GTS.

Have a nice day!
DOH!

Like I said over a year ago (!) give us some code snippets, screenshots, or something so that we have something to work with to see what your problem may be. We aren’t miracle workers.

-SirKnight

[This message has been edited by SirKnight (edited 09-07-2003).]