Video Syncronization

I have recently moved my Glide engine into OpenGL and I have encountered a problem similar to that old 2d refresh rate thing - it seems like opengl doesn’t automatically waits for the screen beam to finish it’s path. Should I do it myself? and if yes how is it done?

on windoze theres an extension IIRC wglswapinterval example here http://members.nbci.com/myBollux

Hi,

I believe I must add that even using this this extension, on some cards with some drivers, you can still notice the artifacts due to a “not so well synchronised buffer flip”. As this is vendor specific, all you can do is pray that you drivers correctly implements this (recent NVidia’s do) ; oh, and it only works in fullscreen (of course .

10X alot ! I’ll try that.

Zed: I tried that website and used that extension but it didn’t change anything it still flickers - and I have nVidia accelerator that’s supposed to support it - and anyway I want all the 3d accelerators to support my program.
Isn’t there any way to do it (since I don’t think this subject is exclusive to openGL) in windowz?

you’re not by chance using a single buffered window are you nope well had to ask

Maybe this will help:
I looked at the NEHE Tutorials Number 10 and it has the same Refresh Screen problems and it also flickers.