OT: I believe you should all see this

There are very creative people using flash, you know…
http://www.bit-101.com/lab.html

The source code is there too!

My favourite so far: 11th Dec 2002

What? a big grey rectangle impresses you?

It’s activeX, which is extremely risky. Be sure to turn that off unless if you dont care.

I have had an activeX control install software without me knowing it and Im not gone let that happen again!

You’re incapable of navigating the web page, v-man? You probably won’t appreciate its contents then.

It’s Flash, which I assume on win32 machines operates through activex. It’s just standard, don’t be afraid of progress, v-man.

They can progress as much as they want, but I posted that so that people will know better.

If you are using IE, you are at risk since by default activeX along with other things are by default enabled.

As for Flash, you can run it in NS so it isnt based on activeX.

Spreading knowledge is progress!

As for Flash, you can run it in NS so it isnt based on activeX

No, it will be based on activeX for IE, but some other method may be used for NetScape. I have no idea about netscape, but do know it’s not written in java, so every NS client will have platform specific ways of dealing with embedded controls in web pages - for which it may very well use activeX on win32 machines.
God this is so irrelevant to the lovely stuff that guy has on his web page…it’s a pity there are people like you in the world, v-man…you drag exciting things down to benality because you’re bored or jealous.
Go on then, retort with some more benality…

They are very nice!

dammit… that much stuff… took me loong to see them all, but it was so cute… really…

my prefered one: where he has those living bees flying to the flowerstyle balls, sucking them up bit by bit, and the evil flower (anyone remembers super mario? ) tries to eat em up…

really great stuff on there, and quite some inspiring stuff, too…

Really glad you both enjoyed it! I was speechless when I first wondered through all his experiments.
What makes it more engrossing is the fact that he’s laid them all out in chronological order, so you follow him through his experiments, seeing how one evolved into another etc.
Lovely, and very inspiring.
One thing that overwhelmed me was that it was all done in flash, and here I am with such amazing graphical power at my disposal (opengl+gf4) using a powerful language (C++) and I for some reason haven’t done what he’s done! It’s not hugely complicated stuff, but it’s done with such style and imagination…puts us all to shame.
You should follow some of the urls he mentions - more lovely stuff there too.

Wow, VERY cool site. I wish I had time to experiment like that!

– Zeno

Originally posted by kieranatwork:

it’s a pity there are people like you in the world, v-man…

And why is that?

I made a mistake by telling people to be careful with activeX controls?

I apologize if I made a mistake.

A little bit about the ActiveX controls. A safe configuration is to disable downloading of unsigned and signed activex controls, but to enable the execution of them. The only thing is that you have to install new Flash versions manually.

I disabled the downloading of signed activex controls because spyware like Gators Date Time Manager (hate it!) is also considered signed.

Personally, I thought it was crap. hes using “flash” action script I guess, which, also, is crap (I use it at work).

Is this an OpenGL forum?

go to www.macromedia.com for more crap flash examples.

Wow! fantastic stuff!
Just wasted a lot of time going through it all!

Robbo, your flash stuff must be amazing if you think this stuff is ‘crap’. Or are you just a tosser?

Originally posted by knackered:
Robbo, your flash stuff must be amazing if you think this stuff is ‘crap’. Or are you just a tosser?

I know what I’d vote…

A well put together page. Wish I was that organized.

Originally posted by V-man:
[b] And why is that?

I made a mistake by telling people to be careful with activeX controls?

I apologize if I made a mistake.[/b]

Sorry v-man, I really was out of order there. I’ve just got bogged down discussing technical details with people recently (real people, not www people ), and it’s beginning to get on my tits. I’d rather discuss the idea more than the mundane details, especially when we’re supposed to be discussing the idea.
ActiveX may be dangerous, I don’t know - I’ve never had any hacking incidents in my life so I suppose I can’t understand peoples paranoia - common sense has always stood me proud.
Anyways, sorry for the insult.

Originally posted by knackered:
[b]Wow! fantastic stuff!
Just wasted a lot of time going through it all!

Robbo, your flash stuff must be amazing if you think this stuff is ‘crap’. Or are you just a tosser?[/b]

Kiss me ayass Knackered. I’m entitled to my own opinion and I don’t see what the big deal is. Saw this kind of thing on my BBC Micro over a decade ago. Once again, because someone doesn’t agree with you, they are a “tosser”.

So you’re a tosser then.

You’re entitled to your opinion, yes - and mine of you is clear after your arrogant, pompous dismissal of the talent of another programmer. I suppose I’m entitled to hold that opinion of you, Robbo?

You complained about this thread not having anything to do with opengl in your little tantrum, yet you return to it to make more comments - why would someone behave like that? Tosser is a blanket expression, so granted you could be something else other than specifically a tosser. A tosser who hates his job, maybe.

Listen needle-dick, its OT, ok? How many times have you had a go at newbs who post OT on the advanced forum? Huh? Perhaps this topic should be moved to the flash forum? On macromedia.com??

Hypocrite.

Originally posted by Robbo:
[b]
Listen needle-dick, its OT, ok? How many times have you had a go at newbs who post OT on the advanced forum? Huh? Perhaps this topic should be moved to the flash forum? On macromedia.com??

Hypocrite.[/b]

I love a good slanging match, don’t you? I knew you’d be back, reading the latest post in this OT thread…

I didn’t mean to cause such a crap thread, sorry - can you guys please stop arguing? I just wanted to show some fellow graphics programmers some nice imaginative stuff that they probably would never have encountered on their own, considering it uses Flash and I assume we’re not web developers here.
It wasn’t meant to cause bad feeling, quite the opposite really…it was meant to inspire us to get away from the usual teapot-in-dark-room demos that seem to be all we can think of to show off our new shader effects.
Do two articulated arms fighting over a ball then shade them nicely!
Once again, sorry vman for giving you a hard time.