New Website

Hello,

I have a new website, please view it: BlueDev

I also has a download section that includes a GLUT and OpenGL Installer, and I also have a Chat and Forum section.

• VC6-OGL

Looks great!

Thank you

• VC6-OGL

It’s easy to navigate and looks slick. Good job.

Nice site, renders fine in Opera7, IE and Mozilla.

Am I missing something? There’s no content on the site, and the font for the side/top bars is very unclear. It’s grey and dowdy.
You should maybe look at http://www.delphi3d.net for tips on style and content.

Looks good. A small usability point though:

Your links on the left look like buttons but work like links (you have to click the text, you can’t click anywhere on the button). Either make them look like links or change it so you can click anywhere on the button. Now it’s just confusing.

Originally posted by knackered:
You should maybe look at http://www.delphi3d.net for tips on style and content.

Thanks

I don’t have a problem with the font and color scheme as such, although I can imagine that people who are running a 17" screen at 1600x1200 might disagree. The rollover effect of the buttons is too subtle, though – you really can’t tell it’s happening unless you squint and sort of tilt your head a bit

Other than that, you really need to get rid of the god awful music. If your visitors wanted to hear some good music, they’d put on a Ween CD.

– Tom

There is an option on the top left of my webpage under my logo that allows you to turn the sound on and off. When you first enter the Website, it says “Sound: On”, then press the On button and it will turn off, vice versa.

The music has a great game-like resemblance, such as JetFighter IV and Mechwarrior 4.

• VC6-OGL

[This message has been edited by VC6-OGL (edited 01-28-2003).]

Hello,

To harsman: I am using text as my links, becuase button-links takes longer to load the webpage. I also made the links a bit more vibrant so the user can see them.

• VC6-OGL

Nice pages, but if you use text as links, they really should look like text links. And it’s hard to see how the sound is turned off. You should use either a button or a checkbox for that. At the moment it doesn’t look like you’re supposed to click it, and it doesn’t help that only the “on” part can be clicked…

-Ilkka

Please view the Chat room, it is now fully functional.

My Weekday Chat Time: 4:30pm PST - 8:00pm PST
Sometimes: 1:30pm PST - 8:00pm PST

Thank you.

• VC6-OGL

very nice! good color combination! will really be an extremely popular site once more tutorials are up! .

just want you to notice that you didn’t put up a download link in your horizontal bar links when you had one in your front page (the vertical bar in the middle left side of the screen).

Hello and thank you for the input nomad82,

Please, if you don’t mind, check out my Chat room. I really look foward to seeing someone there. Thank You.

BlueDev

• VC6-OGL

[This message has been edited by VC6-OGL (edited 01-29-2003).]