Are there any chat rooms of openGL programming?

I just wanna improve my openGL programming as well as English, since I am a Chinese student with poor English communication ability…

On ircnet we have #opengl, i guess similar chattrooms are availible on most IRC networks, but jus as you know, its a lot of nonsens talk on them

If you want to improve your English, chat rooms are the last place you should go.
iN teh R33L w0lrd w3 d00 n0t sp33k (or write) L1k3 thi$!!!
You’re better off reading the posts here, where where words are (usually) spelt correctly and placed in correct grammatical order.

Originally posted by Don’t Disturb:
spelt

Sometimes we make up our own words, though, so watch out.

adun, you can join #opengl on efnet anytime. A lot of us will help you with your questions if and when we can. Also, I assure you that we do not talk the way Don’t Disturb suggests.

According to dictionary.com ‘spelt’ is legit. I was a little skeptical myself, however I prefer the alternate definition ‘A hardy wheat grown mostly in Europe’.

Wh4t j00 m33n?? W33 r l33t !!1

Well, the point was that it would be clearer here than in a chatroom. Nobody said that it was going to be an English class.

l8r

Originally posted by john_at_kbs_is:
According to dictionary.com ‘spelt’ is legit. I was a little skeptical myself, however I prefer the alternate definition ‘A hardy wheat grown mostly in Europe’.

Originally posted by john_at_kbs_is:

That’ll teach me to make fun before doing my research. I thought that “spelled” was the only correct way.

Thank you all!!! According to your words, I’ve made a decision that I will post my questions here instead of going to a chatroom for help. So please help me more not only with my programming but also my English.
BTW:should “but also” be followed by another"with"?

Originally posted by Zeno:
That’ll teach me to make fun before doing my research. I thought that “spelled” was the only correct way.

Me too, I almost did the same thing…

Well, my dictionary sais, that “spelt” and “spelled” are both correct. Maybe “spelled” is english english, and “spelt” is american english?

However even this forum can be a bit confusing sometimes. For example i could never find out what “AFAIK” means. Maybe one of you could explain it to me

Jan.

AFAIK == As Far As I Know

OT == Offtopic

BTW: http://www.gaarde.org/acronyms/

Well, I have been learning English for about 7 years, and all of my teachers(Chinese and American) said both of “spelled” and “spelt” are correct…

Originally posted by Jan2000:
[b]Well, my dictionary sais, that “spelt” and “spelled” are both correct. Maybe “spelled” is english english, and “spelt” is american english?

However even this forum can be a bit confusing sometimes. For example i could never find out what “AFAIK” means. Maybe one of you could explain it to me

Jan.[/b]

Yo yo yo!
Uh uh!

What’s up Masta Killa.Yo moma,m*****r f****r!
The new rap style,the one and only “O my GL and spell it OpenGL!”.With the help of the dizzy micro chump 3D X.3 dimensional simplicity everyone.Sold on kilograms per minute!!!

So spell it wrong and you will get it right.But the problem is that some people doesn’t learn from their previous mistakes and continue to talk like monkeys.Just turn around and you will see the press,tv,radio,net and etc.You will see peoples saying that they are very smart but can’t write their own name right.That’s it!

What is you talking about? We be speaking perfect ebonics in this m*fa.

Sorry, I just had some coffee and got all wired for some coding tonight.

Originally posted by Mihail121:
[b]Yo yo yo!
Uh uh!

What’s up Masta Killa.Yo moma,m*****r f****r!
The new rap style,the one and only “O my GL and spell it OpenGL!”.With the help of the dizzy micro chump 3D X.3 dimensional simplicity everyone.Sold on kilograms per minute!!!

So spell it wrong and you will get it right.But the problem is that some people doesn’t learn from their previous mistakes and continue to talk like monkeys.Just turn around and you will see the press,tv,radio,net and etc.You will see peoples saying that they are very smart but can’t write their own name right.That’s it![/b]

Originally posted by richardve:
BTW: http://www.gaarde.org/acronyms/

Ah, great!

Originally posted by Jan2000:
Ah, great!

No, TYVM!

adun,

Regarding the “not only … but also …”, yes, in the sentence you wrote the “with” is needed. When you write “not only […] but also […]” the sentence fragments in the []s should be grammatically equivalent, in the sense that each can stand alone in the sentence, i.e. when the “not only”, the “but also” and the other […] are removed. (I am not an expert, so I’m probably using the wrong terminology.) BTW, you will often see this construction badly formed - it is one of the most common errors.

For example, you’ll see things like: “The internet is not only useful for obtaining technical information, but also for learning English”. Of course, this should be: “The internet is useful not only for obtaining technical information, but also for learning English”. This is a fairly mild example.

Gib