NVidia Header Incompatibilities :-/

I am at the moment working on the new engine for our game developing firm and till now all went fine, but when I now tried to implement the use of fences I got a little shocked, when I had to read that the needed functions are all unknown (missing in the headers I included). So I opened the VAR demo of which I know they using fences and more than “what the…” I couldn’t think anymore, when I saw, that they are using totally different headers for the extensions and also the function for theirs initialisation was named different.

The headers I’m using at the moment were as well published by NVidia, in these the function for initialisating an extension was “InitExtension” like InitExtension(“GL_NV_vertex_array_range”);, but in the VAR-demo it’s init_ext as I remember. I tried to include the headers used in the VAR-demo next to the others, but I didn’t get the DLL compiled anymore. To make it short:
-Which files I need to include, which defines do I have to make and where can I get these files from, if they’re not included in the actual GL SDK, so that I’m able to use:
-basical GL commands
-VAR
-Fences
-NVParse
-all other actual NVidia extensions

It would be great, if someone could write down here how the head had to look like, so that all functions are available… and the project still compilable.

Thanks,

Michael Ikemann / VX Software Gmbh.

The VAR demo was written long before nVidia formally released it’s “InitExtension” SDK. You should expect the function calls to be different in the old VAR demo.

However, the functions do the same thing. You can use InitExtension on VAR or NV_fence or whatever other nVidia extension you need.

Well, my actual headers are following ones and do not declare glGenFencesNV :-/… I anytime some weeks ago tried to get the nvparse-unit included and after 5 hours of trying I gave it up, because doesn’t matter how I set the defines, it didn’t get it compiled =/.

This way it’s compileable again, but as said… glFences & co are missing then as well =/.

//------------------------- INCLUDES -------------------------

#include “windows.h”
#include “stdafx.h”
#include “AphInterface.h”
#include “AphInterfaceGL.h”
#include “AphVertexBufferGL.h”
#include “math.h”
#include “wxstrings.h”
#include “stdio.h”

//------------------------ GL --------------------------------

#include <GL/gl.h>
#include “glext.h”