OT: Fun way to re-boot your computer

If you are the proud owner of a Geforce3/4, try loading the below pixel shader in DirectX. MFCPixelshader example is a good choice.
(Save your work first) Tested on Win2K.

ps.1.1
def c0, 0,0,0,1
def c1, 0,0,0,1
def c2, 0,0,0,1

tex t0

mov r0.rgb,t0

mad r0.rgb, r0, 1-c2,c2
+mov r0.a, c1.a

I found this by programming a similar shader with the OpenGL backend of the engine I program on (Auran Jet), then decided to see how it looked in DirectX and BOOM!
(and no davepermen, it does not seem to work on ATI cards so you are out of luck)

Originally posted by sqrt[-1]:
[b]If you are the proud owner of a Geforce3/4, try loading the below pixel shader in DirectX. MFCPixelshader example is a good choice.
(Save your work first) Tested on Win2K.

ps.1.1
def c0, 0,0,0,1
def c1, 0,0,0,1
def c2, 0,0,0,1

tex t0

mov r0.rgb,t0

mad r0.rgb, r0, 1-c2,c2
+mov r0.a, c1.a

I found this by programming a similar shader with the OpenGL backend of the engine I program on (Auran Jet), then decided to see how it looked in DirectX and BOOM!
(and no davepermen, it does not seem to work on ATI cards so you are out of luck)[/b]

sqrt(-1),

I’m not a DirectX guru, but doesn’t sound could. If you can, please email me with the particulars of your system (e.g., specific hardware, driver version) and I’ll file a bug report.

A bug report should be heading your way via our company rep. But in case you are interestered my specs are:
Operating System : Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Ram Found : 511 MB
Raw Cpu Clock Speed : ~735 MHZ
Number of processors : 1
Video Card : GeForce3/AGP/SSE
Driver version: 40.72 (Also tried 41.09)

I don’t think it is just my computer as I tried it on a few others (all GeForce3 cards), but since they are all running Win2K it could be the OS.