Stereo view question (2)

Hi,

Another question.

(2) Stereo view should have special hardware support, such as google glasses. I am not familiar with it. I set up a system with a
dual monitor video card(Maxtor G400). I viewed the source code of pulsar which is
the sample for stereo.

Here is the code confusing me.
" /* Set things up and go */
glutInit(&argc,argv);
if (!stereo)
glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_DOUBLE | GLUT_RGB | GLUT_DEPTH);
else
glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_DOUBLE | GLUT_RGB | GLUT_DEPTH | GLUT_STEREO);

glutCreateWindow(“Pulsar model”);
glutReshapeWindow(200,180);
"

It only Creates one window. Will it has two
physical displays for the two eyes. Where they go? Automatically go to the two ports on the video card?

I have thought of create two windowsand set them to the correct position by glutSetWindowPosition. left is on(0,0,1024, 1280) with full screen of the left monitor. right on (1024, 0, 1024, 1280). will it has the same effect as the sample code?

thanks
hill

As I understand it GLUT_STEREO allows you to send stereo images to 3d hardware from cards that dont have dual head capability. It does this by allowing you to write to a back_left and back_right buffers.

With a dual head card you dont need to use GLUT_STEREO. I think you just create one big window (2048x768). Render the left eye to the left side of the window and the right eye to the right side of the window.

You may need to set something on your 3d gogles so it knows which method you are using.

Originally posted by Adrian:
[b]As I understand it GLUT_STEREO allows you to send stereo images to 3d hardware from cards that dont have dual head capability. It does this by allowing you to write to a back_left and back_right buffers.

With a dual head card you dont need to use GLUT_STEREO. I think you just create one big window (2048x768). Render the left eye to the left side of the window and the right eye to the right side of the window.

You may need to set something on your 3d gogles so it knows which method you are using.[/b]

Hi, Adrain,

have you ever tried this? on my card it only
support opengl on the primary monitor. I have
to disable the second monitor to have opengl acceleration.

Any idea on how to solve it?

Thanks