Problem with WGL_ARB_make_current_read (Geforce3)

Hi NG!

I am trying to work with Pbuffers and so far everything works fine except the “WGL_ARB_make_current_read” - Extension that I need to copy data from the Pbuffer to another Pbuffer or the framebuffer with glCopyPixels.

My Problem is: I can not find this extension in the wglExt-string nor can I register the functions (espacially wglMakeContextCurrentARB). But according to Chris Wynn’s presentation from Game Developers Conference 2001 (see http://www.cs.uct.ac.za/Research/CVC/Reading/VertexShaders/PixelShaders-UsingPixelBuffers.pdf)) everthing should work on any NVIDIA Geforce Card.

Can anyone please help me?

I use WinXP, MSVC++ 6 (SP5), Geforce3TI200, Nvidia Reference Driver 23.11 (should be the newest offcial version)

• Jens Krüger

Chris Wynn himself answered my question. WGL_ARB_make_current_read is not yet supported by the NVIDIA boards.

• Jens

I’m a little confused why nVidia is being lazy implementing this extension and more important (to me at least) WGL_ARB_render_texture. I’m relying on this extension for some of my work, which means I can’t support nVidia cards right now.