secondary color and arb_texture_env_combine

Hello,

I wonder if there is a way to use the secondary color with the arb_texture_env_combine, I mean use a secondary color in source_rgb for example since it isn’t defined in the spec, whereas I though it’s possible. Is there a token? Please tell me if you got the answer.

Arath

It’s not written in OpenGL specifications, it’s not written in ARB_texture_env_combine extension and not in EXT_secondary_color extension. I guess you need either a vendor-specific extension or you have to do it yourself, eg simulate your “effect” in multipass.

Originally posted by Arath:
[b]Hello,

I wonder if there is a way to use the secondary color with the arb_texture_env_combine, I mean use a secondary color in source_rgb for example since it isn’t defined in the spec, whereas I though it’s possible. Is there a token? Please tell me if you got the answer.

Arath[/b]

No i don’t think this is possible. i tried it with NV_texture_env_ombine4 which could do what you try to do for the hatching. There are no secondary color supported, it returns an error when you try to use the tokens from
Nvidia or the “official” one

EDIT : why i am always answering just after another did ? I’m damn too slow

Joel.

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 08-31-2002).]

Joel: with NV_texture_env_combine4 you can perform a sum of products which is not a sum of dot_products.

Oups, I think my problem is on two threads!! I would like to thank all of you that tried to find with me a solution to my problem! Now I know what to do, a plateform specific shader or multipasses stuff.

Arath

Originally posted by vincoof:
Joel: with NV_texture_env_combine4 you can perform a sum of products which is not a sum of dot_products.

right
but you can do a dot product with a (1,1,1) vector after.
nevertheless i was just saying that Secondary color is not accessible for these extensions

Joel.