Detecting AGP Memory Size

Hi,

Can I detect the amount of AGP memory available in the system?

I know Nvidia has a tool to do this but how does this tool actually detect the amount of AGP memory available?, Any undocumented Driver calls or something?

Thanks,
-Sundar

Hm… they could use wglAllocateMemoryNV to find this out… but I personally don’t think they do as it would be a very unclean way… how ever… with this you can find out, how much AGP memory is available.

BlackJack

p.s.
case tltAGP:
return wglAllocateMemoryNV(size, 0.f, 0.f, 0.5f);
break;
case tltVideo:
return wglAllocateMemoryNV(size, 0, 0, 1.0f);
break;

Hi,

How could you use wglAllocateMemoryNv() to determine the amount of AGP memory?. This is used for VAR and I dont think this directly reflects the amount of AGP memory available in the system.Anyways, Isnt AGP memory actually managed by Windows? All these benchmarking software determine tyhe amount of AGP memory available in the system. I am sure there is a way to get this kind of system information. Does anybody here know how this is done?

TIA
Sundar

I beleive they use DDRaw to get the amount needed. I don’t thing opengl is used in any way. ddraw has functions like VidMemFree, VidMemAlloc, etc

Perhaps querying the BIOS will give you the max amount available, but don’t ask me how to do that.

V-man