closed bezier circle curve

Here is my problem.

I have 6-10 3d points that lie on the same plane and form a pattern for a flat circle. I want to create some sort of bezier curve to connect the points making it look like a smooth flat 3d circle. I tried using the OpenGL functions glMapf ect… But it only tried to ‘fit’ a line to the points and did not actually connect them all. Anybody know how to do this?

By their very nature, Bezier curves only approximate their interior control points. Assuming you’re using an order 3 curve, each cubic piece is determined by four control points – the two endpoints are interpolated and the two interior points are approximated, with interpolation occurring only if the curve is a straight line.

Also, Bezier curves cannot form perfect circular arcs. If you need a perfect circle, you’ll have to generalize to NURBS (Non-Uniform Rational B-Splines).

I have 6-10 3d points that lie on the same plane and form a pattern for a flat circle. I want to create some sort of bezier curve to connect the points making it look like a smooth flat 3d circle.

Use your points as the end points and generate the control points. The normalized controlpoint - endpoint vector is the tangent at the end point. Think of the length of that vector as a strength.
With 4 point bezier curves you can get very close to a circle