drawing 2d overlays and HUD's

I am having some trouble drawing a 2d overlay. I am currently trying to draw a quad that is 200x200 pixels in screen coordinates. If you could point out what is wrong in the following code or show your own I would highly appreciate it:

bool CFrame: raw()
{
if (use_alpha)
{
glEnable(GL_BLEND); // Enable Blending
glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA); // Select The Type Of Blending
}

glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION);                        // Select The Projection Matrix    
glPushMatrix();                                     // Store The Projection Matrix    
glLoadIdentity();                                   // Reset The Projection Matrix    
gluOrtho2D(0,800,0,600);                            // Set Up An Ortho Screen    
glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW);                         // Select The Modelview Matrix    
glPushMatrix();                                     // Store The Modelview Matrix    
glLoadIdentity();                                   // Reset The Modelview Matrix    
glTranslated(0,0,0);                                // draw some stuff (blended, textured, alpha tested quad etc.)                       

if(use_tex)
{
	glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
	glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, tex.tex);
	glTexCoord2f(0.0f, 0.0f); glVertex2d( lBC.x, lBC.y);	// Bottom Left Of The Texture and Quad
	glTexCoord2f(1.0f, 0.0f); glVertex2d( rBC.x, rBC.y);	// Bottom Right Of The Texture and Quad
	glTexCoord2f(1.0f, 1.0f); glVertex2d( rTC.x, rTC.y);	// Top Right Of The Texture and Quad
	glTexCoord2f(0.0f, 1.0f); glVertex2d( lTC.x, lTC.y);	// Top Left Of The Texture and Quad
	glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
}
else
{
    glColor4ub(col.r, col.g, col.b, col.a);                 // Color our quad
	glVertex2d( lBC.x, lBC.y);	// Bottom Left Of The Texture and Quad
	glVertex2d( rBC.x, rBC.y);	// Bottom Right Of The Texture and Quad
	glVertex2d( rTC.x, rTC.y);	// Top Right Of The Texture and Quad
	glVertex2d( lTC.x, lTC.y);	// Top Left Of The Texture and Quad
}

glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION);                        // Select The Projection Matrix    
glPopMatrix();                                      // Restore The Old Projection Matrix    
glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW);                         // Select The Modelview Matrix    
glPopMatrix();

if (use_alpha)
{
    glDisable(GL_BLEND);
}
return true;

}

Easy: You are forgetting to bracket glVertex calls with glBegin(…) and glEnd().

I.E.

glBegin(GL_QUADS);
glVertex**(…);
glVertex**(…);
// more vertices…
glEnd();

[This message has been edited by Nocturnal (edited 03-14-2001).]