Getting OpenGL to work

I am brand new to OpenGL and am trying to develop with Visual Studio .NET 2003 in C++. I am in college taking a Graphics course and the prof supplied us with a sample project that worked in class. When I copy his file it doesn’t compile. I get a C1010 error which is an “unxepected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive.” The prof supplied us with glut.h which I copied to “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Include\gl” and glut32.dll which I copied to “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\System32” and glut32.lib which is in “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Lib.” Am I doing something wrong or do I need to install something else? Thanks for your help!

No, I think everythink is ok, (though I usually put glut32.dll in /windows/system32, but this has nothing to do with compiling). The error you’re getting, I believe is a bit silly and it’s visual studio to blame. Try changing the order of the include directives, or create a new project and copy paste the code in there. I had solved it once, but can’t remember what I did.

Click on the link below.

OpenGL for .Net 2003

Regards,
Someone316

When you have PCH (Pre Compiled Headers) enabled the compiler expects a specified header file to be included, for example stdafx.h in MFC applications, if this is missing you get this error, either put in a common header file in all source file and use that or disable PCH (right click on project and click on C++ options).

Mikael