Lighting textures

Hey,

I am working on a program that has textures in it and I want the textures to be shaded. I did the normal things for the lighting but the textures seem unaffected. Is there any special way to light the textures?

Oh I was also wondering if you could post the number or something that the computer returns when you hit the enter key such as the escape key is 27. Just if you guys know I could use it in some of my programs the
thing doesn’t work

use glTexEnvf(GL_TEXTURE_ENV,GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE,GL_MODULATE);

for your texturing method
and ensure lighting is enabled.

VK_RETURN?

I know that VK_RETURN works in other programs but I use mostly C++ for all my functions just use OGL for my grafics and I haven’t figured out how to convert that way of keyboard handeling into my programs yet.
The lighting works a little I can see a little shine but when I rotate my object the whole thing will get shaded or lightened realy bright or dark.

I take that back there is no shine no matter how shiny I tell it to be but the shades and colors do work. It’s like it thinks the whole thing is one polygon. hold on let me try this real quike

never mind didn’t work

Originally posted by Terminatore3:
Oh I was also wondering if you could post the number or something that the computer returns when you hit the enter key such as the escape key is 27. Just if you guys know I could use it in some of my programs the
thing doesn’t work

ASCII TABLE
enter is 13

Well, simply have a look at glut.h for your keys.

Thanks alot uruk. But your link is broken. but thanks!