3D

Hi all,
I’m almost a newcommer to the openGl world.
Could sombody please let me know, how I can read a 3d model file into my openGL code(written in C) and show them on the screen? I’m trying to make an animation and do not want to make the models myself (Although if there is a free software that let me do that, I would try it).

I downloaded 3DMFOGL.sea.hqx which is supposed to convert a mpdel to an openGL friendly format, I suppose. The result of unzipping this file is a file which I cannot find a viewer for it, and it’s not an exe.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated,

Are you saying you don’t know what to do with the .sea file? If so, you’ll probably have to use a Mac (or Mac emulator) to extract it. You might luck out and be able to extract it with NuLib (www.nulib.com) but I highly doubt it, as it will extract Apple II .sea files but not Mac .sea files. Then again you might as well use a Mac or Mac emulator to run the program after extracted. Or better yet, find an alternate model converter for your platform. A few have been mentioned in this forum, so doing a search of the forum may prove helpful.

Thanks a lot. I’m sort of a PC type so I’ll look for alternative convertors,

Originally posted by DFrey:
Are you saying you don’t know what to do with the .sea file? If so, you’ll probably have to use a Mac (or Mac emulator) to extract it. You might luck out and be able to extract it with NuLib (www.nulib.com) but I highly doubt it, as it will extract Apple II .sea files but not Mac .sea files. Then again you might as well use a Mac or Mac emulator to run the program after extracted. Or better yet, find an alternate model converter for your platform. A few have been mentioned in this forum, so doing a search of the forum may prove helpful.